RE: [OM] Alpine Decisions

Subject: RE: [OM] Alpine Decisions
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:45:14 -0700
My Gawd..... The easy answer is to pack the whole pile in the SUV and go.
Tom Scales seems to be well organized so you could take him along to caddy
for you. A group tour usually means that you are on the group schedule and
using their transportation. You don't say how much of time you will be
packing in on trails (away from the vehicles) but these considerations
dictate the smallest kit that will get the job done. Setup speed will also
be important as you will be on the group schedule. Here is what I would
suggest from your inventory. You should not need anything longer unless you
anticipate wildlife photo action or you want to take closeups of mountain
peaks or other distant things.

OM-4T
OM-1
XA

24mm f2.8 SC
35mm f2
50mm f1.2 (good for indoors where flashes are usually not allowed)
85mm f2 MC
35-105mm f3.5-4.5 (has some macro capability)
Light monopod or walking stick with camera mount

This sounds like a good trip. I'm jealous.

/jim