Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium format film scanners
From: "Don Mabey" <dnechris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:57:59 -0400
Chris:

I recently bought an Epson 2450, about 2 months ago, and have found it to
scan very slowly using the USB 1.1 port.  A computer using Firewire or USB 2
would be a much faster arrangement.  I will be adding a Firewire card to my
computer.

I was in the process of purchasing a 35 mm negative scanner but after
reading reviews of the Epson and because I have a large number of old
negatives, 2 1/4 and up, I decided to go with the Epson.  With 35 mm colour
negatives I don't find it as crisp as the Canoscan 2710 but it does a fine
job with old B&W negatives.  I need to use it some more before making a
final assessment regarding 35 mm colour.  There isn't a filter in the
software provided for Fuji Superior film and that may be part of the trouble
and I'm just learning to use Photoshop Elements.

Don Mabey