Re: [OM] WAY [OT] ...Windows 2000 question...

Subject: Re: [OM] WAY [OT] ...Windows 2000 question...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:21:14 -0800
Please accept me sincerest apologies, but I have nowhere else to turn.

Can someone tell me why my W2K Pro machine takes 3+ minutes to get past
"Preparing network connections..." when booting and 5+ minutes to get past
"Applying your personal settings..." once I login to the network?

A restart takes me at least 10 minutes...and after about 10 restarts today
I'm about to trash my computer.  (Would you believe I can't get an HP
flatbed scanner to work with an HP laptop?  Now there's compatability!)

Please direct all replies off-list.

thanks,
--p.j.

...again, apologies...

Perhaps, a quick search for a Windows 2000 list on Google?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?