RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:09:38 +0100
Hi,

Well, well, well, it seems that the landscape theme is becoming quite a bit
more controversial than I had anticipated. In fact:

> What do the TOPE police think?

There are calls for the TOPE police!
Well then, here you have it:
-Shooting time left: until the end of this weekend or thereabouts.
-Submissions taken prior to the shooting season: if a picture was taken only
a few weeks (say a max. of 3) before the start of the shooting season, I can
probably slip them in, please do (honestly) indicate the shooting date to me
then, so I can decide whether it's fair to enter them or not.
-Landscape definition: well, this seems to be a tricky one! I'm not going to
be picky, I think you all reasonably well know what a landcape shot more or
less is, so if you want to participate, just get something that matches your
own definition of what a landscape shot is, and if you feel you need to
explain your motivations for why you think the shot in question qualifies as
a landscape, this can be done in the picture's description file, or later by
means of the comments. Don't go too much out of your way though, bu e.g.
saying that a nude is a "human landscape" or so, just use common sense. :)

Cheers!
Olafo

PS: Failure to comply with the above rules, WILL result in you getting
arrested and being thrown in the OM-slammer, along with a certain Mr. O.C.
from Australia ;)