Re: [OM] Re: Camera Shake at high shutter speeds

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Camera Shake at high shutter speeds
From: will biesele <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:24:25 -0700
Well let's try the math to see how much movement it takes to reduce
resolution below 50 lpmm.

With a 50mm lens the angle of coverage is 26x39 degrees, for 35mm the
size of a negative is 24x36mm. So one degree of view is approximately
1mm on the film.

To achieve better than 50/lpmm we need to keep the rotation less than
1/50th of a degree, or approximately one arcminute of rotation during
the exposure. That's not much.

This is just a rough calculation but I think I've avoided order of
magnitude type errors, if not let me know.

Bill B.