RE: [OM] Wicked weekend deals...

Subject: RE: [OM] Wicked weekend deals...
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:50:50 -0500
The Focus Center was one of the places I visited on my quest for the BG2 & I saw the 2 cameras you're talking about. Both looked mint (absolutely perfect...), both were black bodies, but they were NOT 4T's, they were only 4's... and I think they wanted too much for them when used 4T's are selling at about that price elsewhere in Ontario. However, they were 200ff (and will be until next weekend), so maybe they were not that bad a buy after all (about 400CDN even, or ~240USD). There was also a MD1 for under $100 CDN... no control pack or charger though... :( Oddly enough... the sales people there told me that although they do accept trades, they will only take them for credit against new digital or autofocus SLR's. they will not take trades for other used equipment or medium format gear. Odd policy, I thought.

Seems to be alot of OM stuff at the Focuscenter here in Ottawa. I saw 2 4Ts for 499 Canadian ($311 U.S.) each. One had the camera grip. The store says
many are trading their OM stuff in for digital.  Apparently, once the word
got out that Olympus had trashed the OM line officially, people felt that
their cameras were worthless.  Pretty silly assumption though.