Re: [OM] Putting pictures on the Web

Subject: Re: [OM] Putting pictures on the Web
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:27:30 +0000
dreammoose wrote:

> I'm a pretty competent programmer, but know nothing about HTML. I'm used
> to doing something like build a scrolling list box interactively, drop
> in the data elements and end up with code I can tweak, if necessary. I
> remember writing all the code from scratch, but that's the dark ages. I
> guess HTML can't be as bad as assembler, but I was never very good at
> that either.
>
> Moose

HTML is really very simple to pick up.  If you've done any sort of
programming before it should be very intuitive.  It took me literally a
day, five or so years ago, to get my first web page up and running.  It
was some time before it actually looked good, and even longer until it
had any meaningful content, and now it's a 175Mb behemoth that takes up
far too much of my time to keep up to date, but it was no trouble to get
started!  I started by looking at this basic tutorial page:
http://snowwhite.it.brighton.ac.uk/~mas/mas/courses/html/html.html , and
from there I learnt an awful lot by looking at the source of other
people's web pages.  Another good little beginner's guide is here:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/.

Roger