Re: [OM] How large can I print a slide?

Subject: Re: [OM] How large can I print a slide?
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:03:26 +0100
How much money have you got?!

But seriously, in my experience you will have no difficulty to enlarge to
30" x 20" (75cm x 50cm) - and if this is hanging on the wall people will
still be able to go up real close and see fine detail.  The usual answer is
that the bigger you print, the further away people will stand to take in
the whole picture, so just keep on enlarging...!

best regds
Jez

"Enrique Cabrera Rochera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx> on 25/03/2002 12:31:05

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  To:          olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  cc:          (bcc: Jez CUNNINGHAM/BE/ALCATEL)

  Subject      [OM] How large can I print a slide?
  :

Zuiks:

Picking it up from the camera shake discussion, I will try to raise one of
those
"helpful to beginners question" (I find it helpful myself).

How large can a slide print go?? I know it depends on lots of factors, so
let's
imagine we shoot with an OM, Zuiko prime, on a 100 ASA decent film. I'm
obviously looking for the reasonable answer, and not the extremes...
Basically, how large can one expect to go consistently.

Regards, Enrique.
Weird Questions Dpt.