Re: [OM] [Fwd: OM-AX] Re: Interesting Modification

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: OM-AX] Re: Interesting Modification
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:47:12 EST
In our exchange, he took Zuikos to task for being not sharp enough, and too
low contrast. I pointed him to a couple of Zuiko lens test sites, and all
he'd give me afterwards was agree that "some" Zuikos test well, but he still
felt the majority did not. He also claimed that a friend who worked at
Olympus America offered him a permanent "loan" of an OM-4T and Zuikos soon
after the 4T came out, and he declined. He keeps raving about Canon "L'"
lenses. But some of those make Zeiss glass seem like 'bargains', price-wise.
Also- Canon has a large pro support service and they know how to stroke the
egos of the pros, and Bob does like to be stroked, it seems. He also just let
out that he was the inventor of the Wein cell for cameras. He claims the
cells last from 6 months to several years in use! I think we all know that's
not the case...

George S.