Re: [OM] [Fwd: OM-AX] Re: Interesting Modification

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: OM-AX] Re: Interesting Modification
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:12:20 EST
The price isn't too understandable on my computer, I guess it's 170 Euros?
And there's construction that we have to do? I guess that means the user has
to remove the lens mount from the Contax AX? Why isn't it just a matter of
twisting it on the body, then adding a lens to the front, like using a
teleconverter?

Over on the Contax discussion group, our old "friend" Bob Shell announced he
arranged to have fabricated a Contax lens to Canon EOS body adapter
"precision machined aircraft aluminum, and black-anodized" for only $95 (USD)
delivered.

I then began an email exchange with him asking if he was planning an OM lens
to AX adapter, and you don't want to know his response! (He also mentioned
that other companies were already doing it, but didn't elaborate further). We
then got into a short discussion (friendly) about Zuikos, and I learned he
really dislikes them.

I only mention this for the price info ($95) for comparison.

George S.