[OM] Another belated introduction

Subject: [OM] Another belated introduction
From: JMeyers102@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:33:42 EST
I, too, have been lurking for some time on list, and I shall follow in the
footsteps of others who have been introducing themselves.
In the last couple of years I have become interested in photography again. I
had been using another manufacturer's equipment (N***n), and became
interested in the OM cameras after reading much about them online. So, not
long ago, I picked up an OM-1 and a few lenses (35 f2.8, 50 f1.4, and Vivitar
Close Focus 135 f2.8), to try it out. I find the OM-1 to be a very
comfortable camera to use, and I particularly like it's small dimensions. It
is so unobtrusive and unthreateding to others, in comparison to the newer,
larger, cameras. I am also pleased not to have to pull out the film advance
lever in order to take a picture. (I have since bought an 85mm f2 Zuiko, and
a Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm f4.5 macro).
I have a question regarding the loudness of the shutter. I had read that the
Olympus camera shutters are quieter than other makers'. In a comparison to a
N***n FM2n, I found the two to be about the same in volume. Are the shutters
of other OM models quieter than that of the OM-1?

John Meyers