Re: [OM] 250 Film Back 1

Subject: Re: [OM] 250 Film Back 1
From: Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:22:23 +0100
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:37:23 -0800, Chris Linek
<Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi guys/gals

Hi Chris.

>What is one of these worth, and do I want one?  I'd like it just for the
>sake of getting enabled and having more Olympus stuff.

Price varies between US$75 (user) and $150 (mint, boxed)
You will also need film canisters - if they are not part of the set
already - which separately go for between $35 and $60.
And a 'wooden' film loader, the rarest item of the set. $80-125.

>I saw one in a shop downtown and it doesn't appear to attach to the camera
>the same way as a regular 'back' with the sliding spring-loaded pin

It has its own attachment system, and can only be used when the
regular back has been taken off. It will only work with motor drive or
winder attached as well.

>Does anybody here have one of these who can shed some light about them?
>
>I think it'd look pretty cool walking around with that attached, and still
>only have a regular roll of film loaded. ;o)

That would not be possible, I am afraid. The 250 frame back will not
take regular 35mm cassettes.

>Chris in Oz

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL