Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?

Subject: Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:54:49 +0100
The greek letter 'mju' is also used to designate 'micro', as in
microseconds (often designated by the letter mju follwed by 'sec').

I have always assumed that that was the reason for Olympus calling it mju
(the greek letter is on the camera), as it was/is a 'micro'camera. Quite a
clever name in my opinion.

Roger Key, Copenhagen

Mickey

It's (another) dear little Olympus P & S.  My Mother-in-law has one
and it works very well for her.

The word represents the letter 'm' in the ancient Greek alphabet -
I'm not sure of the modern Greek alphabet.  The letter is normally
written 'mu' in my experience and also refers to the unit used in
measuring the friction of runways (the "braking action").

Chris

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker