Re: [OM] Vivitar 283?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 283?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:19:55 -0500
I wonder this too. I have a 4T and a 2. My 283 dates back to the stone age
(late 70's?). It has a very high trigger voltage. Never had a problem on the
OM-1. I was loaned a N*kon N70 and put the 283 on that. Completely confused the
computer circuit sending it to lala land (scary!). Removed the camera batteries
for several minutes and it came back to life.

Although I only use the 283 for remote firing with a slave, It would be good to
know if it would be safe to use on -body.

Mickey