Re: [OM] Vivitar 283?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 283?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:57:35 -0500
I just measured several of my flash units for their trigger voltage. It wasn't difficult; had to use a paperclip on one or two to probe the side contact. Plus (+) on all of them is on the center contact:

T-20:   ~6 Volts
T-32:  ~12 Volts
Sunpak 383 (new):  ~7 Volts
Metz 40MZ-3i w/SCA 321:  ~5 Volts
Metz 40MZ-3i w/SCA 301:  ~5 Volts
Sunpak 140: ~210 Volts
Rollei E19BC:  ~150 Volts

The Sunpak 140 is an older model number (replaced by 141 ??) and the Rollei E19BC is even older. I use them on the Contax IIIa and Rollei 35, both of which are mechanical, including the flash trigger mechanisms. Hmmmm, guess I shouldn't use either of them on the OM-2S or OM-4.

-- John