Re: [OM] The Survey II

Subject: Re: [OM] The Survey II
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:54:12 -0400
> I'll bet a lot of list members use non Zuiko lenses for a lot of picture
> taking. A survey that includes only Zuikos may give a very misleading
> picture of the 'lens to body' ratio and of what members are actually
> using to take pictures.
>
> Moose

I have five OM bodies, but use only the basic Zuikos. I just can't see the
difference in cost for most of my type of photography. The Tokina atx 28-85
I picked up recently gives excellent quality. So does my Vivitar 28/2 CF
lens. I can't see the difference from Zuikos on Kodachrome 64's. I looked
for a long time for a Zuiko 35-70 f/4, but would have had to pay at least
triple for one over the atx. Personally I'd sooner put the money into more
film. So joining the survey would be a little lopsided for me with barely
one Zuiko per body. Most of my pics are taken in the 28 to 135 range. To buy
any Zuikos outside that range gets into serious money for me. Every so often
I have to jump over to Robert Monaghan's third party lens site to remind
myself that I can take pics without more Zuikos. I'd be broke on a steady
diet of this list <g>.
Wayne