Re: [OM] Tamron 35-210

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 35-210
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:32:34 -0800
Well, I have 3 of them, but haven't taken pictures with any. It's this little project, see..... One is beautiful except for a subtle separation in the rear elements. One has rust and sand in the mechanism, but perfect glass and one has a loose/recalcitrant zooming mechanism. I'm planning to make two good ones out of the three, but I've temporarily misplaced my round tuit for this project.

I do have and use the Tokina ATX equivalent and can highly recommend it. It's a little smaller and noticeably lighter than the Tamron. Here's some info on both that I already complied for a prior post:

             Tokina     Tamron SP
             35-200      35-210
             f3.5-4.5    f3.5-4.2
Length Min      128mm       130mm
      Max      164mm       185mm
Diameter         70mm        74mm
Weight 680g 870g Filter size 67mm 67mm
Close focus     2.1m        1.6m
Max. Macro      1:3.8        1:4

I too have the 60-300 Tamron and think it's a terrific lens. I particularly value the extra reach and the wonderful macro capability. If it just weren't sooo heavy..... The 35-210 is from the same design and production era, so should be a good lens.

Moose

Timpe, Jim wrote:

I know that the Tamron 60-300 lens has been discussed here previously, and I
am the happy owner of one of these fine lenses.  Don't recall if this other
iteration of that line has been mentioned.  Anyone have one, have any
experience with one, know anything about???   It's their 'SP' line, BBAR and
all that.