Re: [OM] A Whole Bunch of Stuff...Volume II

Subject: Re: [OM] A Whole Bunch of Stuff...Volume II
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:54:00 -0800
The survey shows that serial# well into SC territory. If it says "E.ZUIKO" it's SC, "ZUIKO MC" for MC. The 'MC' designation was not dropped until much higher serial#s. The only other possible way it could be MC is that the front ring was replaced during a repair.

This reflection business is tricky. I have 2 "Vivitar 2X Macro Focusing Teleconverter MC"s. they are absolutly identical in every way I can find except the reflections are different. One one there are rather pure colors of green, yellow and magenta. On the other, the green and yellow are softer, more pastel, and the other is somewhere between magenta and orange. No serial#s, so I have no idea which is newer. I'll bet I would never see any difference in pictures, no matter how hard I might look, so I'm not going to.

Moose

Ian Manners wrote:

Hi Josh

The 200 is a silvernose, but the reflections are green and purple.
Can a silver nose be MC? S/N 156873 I

The 200mm F4 SilverNose I have here is Single Coat, SN: 119266
The 100mm F2.8 Silver Nose is also Single Coated, SN: 104855
The 50mm F1.4 Silver Nose is also Single Coated, SN: 368185

I can see the distinct purple, and a slight green in the secondary
reflections which is normal, its bounced off the SC a couple of times
or you might be looking at the lens under a Flouro tube as I am :-)