Re: [OM] A Whole Bunch of Stuff...Volume II

Subject: Re: [OM] A Whole Bunch of Stuff...Volume II
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:05:02 +0100
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:37:45PM -0600, Josh Lohuis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>  The 200 is a silvernose, but
> the reflections are green and purple.  Can a silver nose be MC? S/N 156873 I

The 4/200 was one of the first lenses wich changed from SC to MC.
But I´d expect a early MC to be marked MC on the front.

>   The last question I can remember (I had an eight hour drive, so I did a
> lot of thinking) is this:  My slowest lenses are the 28 3.5 and 200 4.  When
> using these I find that the view finder darkens at the edges.  At first I
> thought the something was causing vignetting with the 28 but after double
> checking I found no difference in the corners.  I have no idea if this
> showed up on my pictures so, I thought that maybe it is just the screen that
> gets dark at the corners with a slow lens. I am using the standard screen
> and the problem seems to be worse with the 28 as opposed to the 200.

It can be the focusing screen. Without the implemented fresnell element the
viewfinder edges would darken pretty much. But the fresnell-lens doesn`t fit
the ray-path of any lens. This is why you can use different focusing srceens
with the 'real' OM- bodies. But the 28 and 200 mm lenses should work fine
with the standart OM-sreens (never noticed trouble).
E.g.: When you`re doing macro  work (about 1:1 and more) the edes of the
standard screens are getting really dark, then a 1-11 -sreen is really amazing.

Frieder Faig