Re: [OM] Is this a Fang?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this a Fang?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:04:47 EST
"FANG"- (noun) a really great deal.a great (cheap) find.
              (verb)- to work at getting a really great deal. "Look what I
fanged today!"

It is a reference to finding a piece of OM gear at so cheap a price it's
ridiculous. It is named after its "founder"-  Doris Fang, a longtime OM list
member who devotes so much time & energy into her 'system' for finding stuff
at garage sales, flea markets, tag sales, that it would make an Olympic
athlete tired. She rises before dawn and hits the road. She has such
incredible "luck" it wouldn't surprise us if she purchased a "never-ready"
case for $5 and found a pristine OM-3Ti inside when she got home. Her stories
are legendary, but all true.

George S.