[OM]

Subject: [OM]
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:26:50 -0000
Dan Mitchell wrote:

"On that subject, does anyone have tips on how to evaluate the shots that
worked better/worse? I can certainly tell the photos I like from the ones I
don't like, but _why_ some are better than others is still a bit of a
mystery to me beyond the most obvious flaws."

The best advise I've ever had came from an art teacher many years ago. She told
me to turn my pictures (paintings or photos) upside down to assess the
composition.

That way you forget what they are and look at the arrangement of pure shapes.

I should do it more often.

Chris Barrett
Malvern