Re: [OM] slide exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] slide exposure
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:41:10 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 10:11 PM -0600 3/7/02, Don wrote:

I am about to try a roll of slide film for the first time. I think that I had herd that you should meter slide film 1/2 stop lower or higher, I can't remember which.

What are the thoughts about shooting with slide film? I am using an OM1, or OM2SP. Both bodys' meters have been right on with print film.

Welcome to the big leagues. Or something like that.

The standard idea is that you should underexpose slide film by about a
half stop because it does nice things for the richness of your color and
also because it saves you from blowing out your highlights. With print film
you have to watch out for loss of shadow detail because if there's no silver
there, that's the end of it. So you expose dead on or a little over. With
slide film it's the other way around: once the highlights go transparent
you're up the creek, but you can always blow more light through the shadow
sections.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx