Re: [OM] RE: Velvia... (isn't this fun?)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Velvia... (isn't this fun?)
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:14:11 -0500
Yes, the mind's eye plays an important role in the photographic process. The
fact that a photograph does not resemble the common or 'true' view of a
scene does not denigrate the film. I don't think it's fair to assume the
film is flawed because another photographer represented your neighborhood in
a way that is unfamiliar ot you. The film was a tool. The photographer, or
artist, uses it as both pallette and canvas. The results are influenced by
the film, but not defined by it. I have many photographs that don't 'look'
like the original scene. In some cases it was my 'fault', in others it was
my pleasure. We use our mind's eye and the creative controls of the camera
to improve, influence or make the scene. If it wasn't for the pleasure of
the creative process, I'd just have a P&S POS to create snapshots.

Mickey