Re: [OM] NUTS

Subject: Re: [OM] NUTS
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:21:30 -0800
on 3/5/02 4:32 PM, John A. Lind at jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Maybe not an RF, but my first SLR was a Yashica J5 with a 55mm f/1.2
> Yashinon.  Also borrowed my fathers Argus C3 "Bakelite Brick" a couple
> times.  Argus mounted a marvelous 50mm f/3.5 Cintar on them (a very fine
> lens).
> http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/7008/brochure/c3.html
>
> -- John

The first ever 'good' camera I used was an Argus C3, Mom & Dad's when I was
about 12. Then I got my first-ever 'real' camera, a Minolta Autocord (still
have it, shutter-wind is broken...). Then I didn't do much photography for a
few years, then when I got back into it I used Dad's Minolta SRT-101 as
yearbook photographer. Then when I *really* got back into it, the first
'good' camera I bought was a Leica IIIg (still have it, no its not for
sale!) and then finally, hit the long slow slope down into the madness... a
new OM-1MD and lenses in 1975.

At this point, I've been asking myself to think about trimming down to *two*
of most lenses, and maybe fix up some of the 'fixer-upper' bodies I've
acquired... but its hard to fight, doctor, I'm so tired of fighting... must
have OM-3Ti... can't without selling something... don't want to let anythign
go... I'm being torn apart... must find a way...

<camera pans to floor of living room, where, amid stacks of OM bodies,
lenses, flashes, and miscellaneous Olympus XA's, XA-2's, Pen FT's, EE-3's
and IS-3's, IS-1, etc. a trembling body lies, pockets empty of OMoney...>
{scene fades out}
--

Jim Brokaw