Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:51:25 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > You can easily check the meter resistance.  Desolder the blue wire from the
> > circuit board and measure the resistance between it and the case.  I believe
> > it should be about 1.5K.
>
> Okie, thanks. That's an usual value ;) Since the resistance should change
> according to the light the cds'es are exposed to, I assume that any value
> "in the neighborhood" of 1.5K is good. I'll try that tomorrow ;)

I'm talking about the resistance the meter coil provides, not the circuit.
The meter resistance is constant (or at least it should be :-).  If the
meter has too much resistance, then your readings will be too low.  Too
much resistance is usually a bad ground, but could also be a few other
things.
                                -mark