RE: [OM] OT: scanning was: What's up now with MF?

Subject: RE: [OM] OT: scanning was: What's up now with MF?
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:22:09 -0800
You *can't* get a good direct scan, as all the light has to go up through
the negative (or positive) then be reflected *directly back down* through it
again to reach the scanner's head. That's why the various negative/slide
adapters for flat-beds either include a light source of their own (and turn
out the scanner's internal light) or have a reflector set-up (usually a
triangular-looking thingy) to get some sort of additional transmitted light
through the film.

---
Scott Gomez