Re: [OM] OT: scanning was: What's up now with MF?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: scanning was: What's up now with MF?
From: "Bill Owens" <wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:04:05 -0500

> > A month or so ago, the Epson Store on the Epson website was selling
> refurbished
> > Perfection 1200 scanners with a 4x5 transparency adapter for $99.00 US.
>
>  What _is_ a transparancy adapter, anyway? The scanner I got is used and
> pretty old -- it claims 1200dpi, though it's difficult to tell for sure if
> it does, because I don't have any originals that I know have that much
> detail.. I don't think I'll be able to find one for the scanner I've got
> (old Agfa Snapscan), but is it something I could make up out of stuff?

A transparency adapter is basically a lamp that mounts in place of the
regular scanner lid to project light through the media onto the CCD.  I just
checked and they're still selling it, see:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/ProductQuickSpec.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@016
9496747.1013720010@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadcdfikefkfbfdmcfjgckidnf.0&oid=8918540

Sorry about the long URL, but thats it.

Bill