Re: [OM] tope rules

Subject: Re: [OM] tope rules
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:59:10 -0400

Olaf Greve wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> >       A while back I mentioned about sending in a photo I'd taken to the
> > upcoming TOPE theme. I thought I had read the rules, but maybe I'm not
> > seeing them all.
> >       What I didn't realize, but am catching on now I think, is that the
> > photo has to be taken within a certain time slot.
>
> Correct.
>
> > I'd like to stick to the etiquette of this thing, if I put in a
> submission, so I'm
> > wondering if there is anything else I'm missing. Also, what is the
> etiquette on
> > gear used? For example, does an OM2000 qualify? Must the lens or flash be
> OEM?
>
> The idea is that at least the camera is an Olympus camera, but it doesn't
> have to be an OM camera, you can also use any of the other Olympus cameras.
> Regarding other gear: using 3rd party lenses, flashes, etc. is fine.
>
> Best of luck!
> Olafo

Thanks Olaf,
        I can comply with that. I'll likely try to use an OEM lens, too.
        Now the problem is to find a landscape. I looked up 'landscape' in my
unabridged Webster's dictionary.  According to him (I'll summarize this)
it is inland, natural, one expanse view the eye can take in; can be
woodland, prairie, mountains, etc.
        Shoot... must be inland, and I live near the coast, so there goes all
my ideas of coastal shots. The 'natural' seems to exclude all the
covered bridges, lighthouses, barns, fences, and other manmade
photogenic things. We sure don't have any prairie, and our mountains,
well forget them. The woods are bare of leaves, and are mostly greyish
blackish this time of year. Everything else is under snow. About all
that leaves is the "etc." that Webster included. Sure glad he put that
in there :-)
Wayne