[OM] Om10 with shutter/exposure problem

Subject: [OM] Om10 with shutter/exposure problem
From: "Sabrina Smith" <wickedfather@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:28:15 +0000
Sorry if this post has come through before, I've only just subscribed and jumped the gun before I'd confirmed my application.

My Om10 suffers from a problem where the shutter seems to stay open far too long on the first few shots taken if it's been left standing for about half an hour. It even effects shots taken with my T20 flash, the shutter staying open for about 1/2 a second on the first shot, then a 1/4 on the next. After I've clicked away a few times it's like the camera seems 'charged' and the works fine.

I thought that it might be a battery problem and bought new Sr44's and new LR44's (a few sets of each) but still the problem arises.

Any ideas how I could fix this? I'm a natural born tinkerer, and so would probably do it myself if there's a not too much chance of me totally wrecking it.

Thanks.