Re: [OM] Help... my big mouth!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help... my big mouth!
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:21:52 -0500
Also,
Keep ALL your receipts.
Take lots of pictures. Take every posed picture at least twice or more.
(People blink.)  Four or more rolls may take care of it.
I'd suggest a zoom in the 50-135 range, or just use an 85 or 100.  Your
telezoom is probably pretty heavy to be carrying all the time. You want
faces without cropping or flashing right in their face. Have wider/longer
lenses just in case.
Use 400 speed colour print film for max range & resulting prints.
I'd use OTF auto flash with a big aperture, f2.8 to 4, to
        - maximise range
        - lighten background & shadows via existing light
        - put the background out of focus
        - minimise recycle time
My on-camera-flash portrait secret: Always have people facing slightly one
way and have the flash on that side of the camera.
Put freshly charged NiCds in your BG2 & T32 for minimal recycling time.

tOM

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 10:59, Charles Loeven
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] Help... my big mouth!" saying:

> No problem.
> Use the OM2 on auto with the T-32 and BG2.
> The trick is to be assertive.
> I do these things all the time with celebrity status speakers.
> (Mayor, singers, politicians, chief of police, news anchors etc).
> I try to introduce myself as the official photographer if possible.
> Then politely take over.  Shoot and get out of the way.
> You can then go right up to them on the stage and ask them to pose
> or do candids.  Don't be a nuisance or get in the way.
> I even give the ladies a hand up the steps sometimes.
> It is more personality than photography technique.
>
> Charlie
>
> PS; Don't expect to get to actually eat your dinner.

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714