Re: [OM] Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:22:24 -0400

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> >===(a)  See my tutorial about this if you haven't already done so and make
> >use
> >of what's applicable to your situation:
> >    http://johnlind.tripod.com/wedding/====

I have another wedding to attend on March 2nd, and have been thinking of
building a 'compromise' flash combo. What I've been thinking of is
mounting my 2 t20's on the 2s, one in the hotshoe, and the other on a
modified (by me)handle bracket so that it would be directly above the
lens, for verticals. I know this sounds as though it would be a little
awkward for the left hand, but I can overcome that. What I was planning
was connecting both flashes (duo-sync cord?), but turning off whichever
one that would be to the side. After reading this, I'm wondering if I
could leave both on, getting a GN of 28 (is that right?), and still have
complete otf flash control. But what would it give for shadows? Guess
I'd have to run a film maybe. (Just a poor man, who likes tinkering,
trying to make what he has work)
        Also, now reviewing John's tutorial, I'm thinking of maybe modifying a
bracket to mount the 2 in tandem above, and just do only horizontals. It
might look more sane.
        (Why can't life be simpler, just use the Epic? and not look stupid.)
Wayne