Re: [OM] PO zapping mail, follow up

Subject: Re: [OM] PO zapping mail, follow up
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:13:34 -0500
At 4:00 PM -0500 2/10/02, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Since the irradiation leaves no residue or residual radiation this
seems to be a hysterical illness based on bad information.

That's what i thought a week ago, when they were saying it was just due to flu season. Yesterday it sounds like they are definitely blaming the irradiation. I'm not saying they're correct, just reporting the news...

George S.

According to the reports I've read, the irradiation they're using (enough
to brown the paper and melt the plastic in windowed envelopes) does leave
a residue in the form of outgassing from the paper, ink, glues, plastic
tapes and so forth in the envelopes and packages. (Burn the plastic of
your choice in a small enclosed room and inhale if you think pyrolysis
leaves no residue.) They leave the mail in ventilated tents for three days
before delivering it, but apparently for well-sealed items that's not long
enough.

Almost makes you want to spend your life back in the darkroom.

paul
a well-ventilated area for three days to let the fu

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx