Re: [OM] winders ??

Subject: Re: [OM] winders ??
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:24:41 +1300
Hey guys, you don't have to copy what I do !! <g>

It was a survey, remember?

What I said is what I do and prefer. And I gave the truthful reasons. Maybe
people with smaller or different hands, or stronger arms, or - - ? would prefer
something else. I also use my left eye at the view-finder, even though I am
right-handed for most things (except using an axe or a cricket bat or a golf
club - but I play neither cricket nor golf).

I forgot to add the (perhaps) ultimate irony; I wind on by hand most of the
time, so that in between uses the shutter is not tensioned any more than
avoidable.

And sometimes (not often) when I REALLY want the smallness of the OM, I
take the winder off, and the body + lens almost hides in my hand(s). Then
one could almost do a Cartier Bresson. (Small lenses only).

Cheers, Brian