Re: [OM] Winder Help

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder Help
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:10:19 -0800 (PST)
You would be looking for a Robot then. A 2/3 frame
rangefinder with a fast 4FPS wind up film winder. Made
in 1930's and 1940's Germany the camera was more of a
piece of clockwork than anything else. I've held one
and despite being the size of a small digital camera
(in other words quite tiny) it is heavier than an OM
with 50/1.8. You just wind it up with the big knob on
the top and let it go. Unfortuantley there is no
rewind and it uses a separate casette (as well as
being a wierd 2/3 35mm format. Still it is perhaps the
most fine piece of precision engineering you will ever
hold outside of a Rolex. It was designed to be used in
VERY heavy duty conditions and is made of STEEL not
aluminum or brass but high grade steel, I mean we talk
about our OM's or the pro Nikons etc. being tough,
this little thing could bash them all to bits and
still look good.

Mark Lloyd