Re: [OM] [OT] Kodak's Professional "Metallic" Paper: WOW

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Kodak's Professional "Metallic" Paper: WOW
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:23:13 -0800

I wouldn't call the OM-4Ti puny (compact!).

By puny I meant to refer to the format not the body. I'm sold on the 4T's--best 35mm SLR's I've seen (or heard of).

Re slow film: I like Reala, it's quality stuff. Not too saturated and super fine grain. Even finer grain can be found in Konica Impresa 50, with less saturation. The only gripe I have with this emulsion is its worrying tendency to change (seemingly change) its reciprocity-failure characteristics with the weather (it seems to become less responsive to light the colder it gets, a critical factor when you work in the pitch dark as I often do). That, or I've just been awful unlucky with the batches I've ordered.

Someone told me this film had been discontinued going on a year ago, but I could find no such notice at the Konica site and the major vendors all seem to have it in stock. I still have four rolls left from the last time I ordered, about a year ago. I'd hate to lose it. (That might force me to break down and buy Kodachrome. <g>)

Tris