Re: [OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:28:36 -0800
> I wager that most of us who have OM-2 and OM-4, etc. use the auto mode
> more than manual.  We can control depth of field and aperture while
> being cognizant of the shutter speed that results from a given aperture

How I use auto and manual exposure:

I mostly use the OM1 for manual occasions and the OM2 for auto occasions .
With average metering the OM2 or any OM with auto will give a more accurate
exposure OTF.  For hand held metering auto is useless as in flash metering.
Both can be used to make exposure (OM1 easier for me) compensation and just
by thinking differently the OM2 becomes virtually a shutter priority camera.
Just turn the aperture ring until you see the desired shutter speed.

> Thus, little if any math or detailed thought process regarding
> aperture and shutter speed gets in the way of the "creative process".

In my very humble opinion:

In photography things like that should be determined brfore the camera
reaches the eye..
Auto everything or not.  That is the creative process.

Just my 2 cents again,
Charlie