[OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"

Subject: [OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:30:20 EST
It seems to me that our more automated cameras may enhance the process of
producing fine photos.  Stay with me on this (g).  If one is shooting a fluid
scene, sports, children, any action; the more automated AF, Program mode
cameras in the hands of a photographer who knows how to use them would free the
photographer up to compose and shoot better photos.

I wager that most of us who have OM-2 and OM-4, etc. use the auto mode more
than manual.  We can control depth of field and aperture while being cognizant
of the shutter speed that results from a given aperture setting.  Thus, little
if any math or detailed thought process regarding aperture and shutter speed
gets in the way of the "creative process".

In the time I have had my OM-4t I may have used the manual mode twice.  I find
the auto mode to be easier and it does free me up to "get the shot."  This is
especially true with children who are elusive as heck.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave Dougherty