Re: [OM] OT Old cameras and older codgers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Old cameras and older codgers
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:14:43 -0800
Well Walt, since you brought it up I guess I could ask the list for some
advice.
I've got a friend/co-worker who has been moonlighting as a photographer
for about 25 years. Does lots of portrait work out of his home and some
location work. Shoots Hasselblad cameras. His main camera is a 555
something and he has 2 backup cameras that are 501CM's. He just bought
another 555 and is selling the two 501CM's. He just sold one kit for
$1550. He has another one that has had 4 rolls of film run through it.
He has offered it to me for $1250. 501CM,80 f2.8 planar,A12 back, w/l
finder. For another $500 he said he would throw in some kind of Prism
meter viewfinder. Other than the fact that everytime I want something
else for the camera, it will cost me a zillion dollars, what are the
other costs involved,film,film processing, etc. I know this is a good
deal on the camera and it's not the kind of thing where I would buy it
and sell it for a profit, just for the fact that the guy is a friend of
mine. Seems like a lot of you have medium format gear and it may be
something I would enjoy, but is Hasselblad the route to go?

TIA...I think

mike m.