Re: [OM] [Fwd: Olympus OM-1 Help Needed]

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: Olympus OM-1 Help Needed]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 21:20:40 -0800
At 4:33 PM -0700 2/2/02, Garth Wood wrote:
At 01:39 PM 02/02/2002 -0800, you wrote:
David McSparron <dmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on the
rec.photo.technique.people list

"Don't purchae an Olympus OM1 under any circumstances! The batteries for
it are unobtainable. If you must have an OM camera get the OM3 or OM4."

Is this right?

No. You can get it converted, or buy an MR-9 adapter so that SR44W's, Silver 76's, etc. can be used in the camera. I own an MR-9 for my OM-1n. Great converter. Also drops the voltage down so that there's no meter errors. John Hermanson (Camtech, www.zuiko.com) sells 'em, as do the folks at CRIS Cameras (www.criscam.com).

David McSparron is wrong, wrong, wrong. You might wanna point that out to him. ;-)

Hello, I'm new to the list but I thought I'd put my two cents in here. Mercury batteries are available at -

http://www.photobattery.com/px625.html

I'm not associated with them, except as a satisfied customer.
--
Steve
sbsharpe@xxxxxxx

Your URL gets this message:
Sorry... the page you requested is not available. Perhaps you followed an old link. The new web host is fussy, and also case sensitive!
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

Here it is: http://www.photobattery.com/PX625.html

At $10 bucks a pop though conversion and a silver battery look more attractive.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California