Re: [OM] [Fwd: Olympus OM-1 Help Needed]

Subject: Re: [OM] [Fwd: Olympus OM-1 Help Needed]
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:52:57 -0500
I would say no, it's not right. There are many circumstances where the OM-1
is just right as it is. It is a fully mechanical body. It shines in cold
weather and astrophotography. It truly is an outstanding value, with a
battery conversion. Camtech or others can convert the battery box to accept
a more common battery. Be sure never to substitute the required mercury
battery with the alkaline 'equivilent'. The voltage is wrong, and will cause
meter inaccuracy.

I would love to have an OM-1 MD with the converted battery box. The sound
and feel of a well adjusted OM-1 is just marvelous. I had one with a dead
meter that I sold to someone doing astrophotography (no meter needed). I do
miss it.

Mickey