[OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:21:37 -0600
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:40:44 -0600
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
<snip>
>===== Original Message From Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Wayne,
I'm the other person on the list who thinks the OM2000 is OK. <g>  I
think the
OM2000 is easier to use since the switch controls only the transition
from
spot to averaging, but I think the OM-2S is more interesting/powerful
because
the switch between auto and manual is also the switch between averaging
and
spot.  The combination of the two operations is very efficient.  If you
want
to shoot only with spot, you're there in manual mode.  If you want to
shoot
with averaging, you start in auto, but you can move to manual/spot if you
have
any doubts about the exposure.  Why not shoot in manual all the time?
Some
people do, but I prefer to shoot in auto (if I know the exposure will be
acceptable) because I like to bracket in auto and retain the same f-stop
among
all the brackets.  Ironically, the ability to spot meter allows me to use
auto
mode a little more intelligently.

The meter in the OM2000 is very good.  I've gotten excellent results with
that
body, but the OM-2S gives me greater flexibility.

Joel W.

Joel, Wayne,

I guess there's 3 of us that use OM2k's...mine I use as a back-up
for the OM-1 (which is my "slides" body) I don't have any -2 bodies,
but AFAIR the meter crawls up the side like the OM-10 (my back-up
for all of my bodies) At first I didn't like the 3-led meter, but I have
agree it's accurate.  My only "gripe" with the 2k is the shutter speed
dial being on top of the body instead of where it's supposed to be!

Bill  >; P
(Owner of only "crappy" Zuiks, no stellars and can still take pix)
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.