Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:11:34 -0500
The UPS guy just left off the OM-3 from KEH, IMO an example of PDQ
delivery, and I was LOL as I opened the box ASAP.  Enough already
with the abbreviations!

I continue to be amazed by KEH's conservative rating system.  On
the evilBay, this camera body would most likely be called minty,
or some similar nebulous description.  A very little bit of
brassing around the memo holder and a couple of tiny scratches
near the tripod socket keep it from looking like new.  It came
complete with all caps, including even the little one for the TTL
cord connector.  I immediately fed it a couple of 357 bunny
batteries and checked the meter against my Sekonic L-718, and they
were in complete agreement.  It's definitely a keeper, and it's
mine, all mine, I tell you!  I just need to name him/her/it.

Now a theoretical question:  If a fellow has an OM-1n, an OM-3, an
OM-4 (or three), and an OM-4Ti, is there any conceivable reason
(except for the tragic compulsion of Zuikoholism that requires the
acquisition of at least one of everything) to own an OM-2?  What
possibly could an OM-2 do that can't be done, and then some, with
the 1, 3, 4 or 4Ti?  Anyone?  Anyone?

If I have to get a 2, I'll need to unload a 4, and I really,
really love my 4s.  And no matter how eloquent and convincing the
argument, I won't trade one of my 4s straight up for a 2, not even
if it's NIB, NOS, LN, or even made just last week at the secret
Wyoming facility.

Walt Wayman