RE: [OM] Film Processing

Subject: RE: [OM] Film Processing
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:50:22 +0000
At 02:23 1/29/02, Joel Wilcox:
Winsor,
Is your question with reference to the threat of irradiation at the PO?

I read over the weekend that film was to be exempted from irradiation.  I'm
going to order film as I did before and get mailers with it.

Joel W.

Joel,

*If* this is true (I'm rather skeptical about it) I predict:
(a) *Everything* being mailed will suddenly be labeled "film" by its sender(s) without regard to size, shape or weight, including postcards! (b) Exemption of film will last only as long as it takes for the USPS to discover they're no longer handling anything but film, regardless of its size, shape or weight, including postcards! Might require a "kick-start" from "60 Minutes" or "48 Hours" to bring it to their attention though.

Same basic phenomenon as the eSIF and the feeding frenzy by hordes to download the entire eSIF.

-- John