RE: [OM] OM-1N, metering way off

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-1N, metering way off
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:11:29 -0700
> If the needle doesn't centre with the SS dial on B, ISO set
> to 100, and a 50/1.8 mounted, then there's a mechnical problem
> somwhere.

 Hm. <fx: tries this> Okay, something's wrong.. Meter's still way up even
set like this. That said, the om1md also has the meter way high when it's
set like this, but it seems fine otherwise. Strange, now I'm really
confused.

 I guess the question becomes -- is it worth repairing it? I don't really
need two more bodies, and I'd guess that a black om1n in box should be worth
a fair amount on e*ay (or to the list, of course, if someone's interested)
-- but then it gets into the matter of repair costs against what it'll
_actually_ sell for. Alternatively, I could try and return it to the guy, I
suppose.

 hm, I guess I should ask the local repair place what they charge for this
sort of thing..

 -- dan