Re: [OM] Re: mc vs sc again (as related to 200/f4)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: mc vs sc again (as related to 200/f4)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:12:49 -0800
Not sure exactly what the question is.
The 200/4 started out as a silvernose SC' E.Zuiko'.
Changed to 'MC Zuiko' when first multicoated
Changed to 'Zuiko' without the 'MC' once it was generally known that all new lenses are multicoated. The change from silvernose to blacknose roughly coincided with the change from SC to MC, but not exactly. So it is possible that there are silvernose MC and/or blacknose SC 200/4s. The definitive indicator is the letter and dot before Zuiko for SC and plain Zuiko for MC.

This is generally true for all regular lenses that mount directly on the OM bodies.
This and more is on the ESIF, but it's down for some time.
Reference by serial # is at http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey . This is just a survey, and not definitive. For example the survey shows for 85/2 a highest SC# of 110825 and a lowest MC# of 126312, leaving a region of uncertainty. There is a listing on ebay of an 85/2, #1177xx; in between, but clearly marked 'MC'.

Moose

Conrad Vogel wrote:

Well, since I got no answers I assume this has been discussed? Anyone point me to the archive? Thanks

Conrad Vogel wrote:

<snip>
I was wondering if the 200/f4 sivernose started out as a MC lens. Sorry for the goofy question, but was curious as to this statement.