[OM] tripods

Subject: [OM] tripods
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:02:36 -0600
"Tiltall:  about a $100 including the head.  Used to be sold with the
Leica(actually E. Leitz) nameplate on it. About 6 pounds and very
solid and the center column is reversible for macro."

Great idea. I own two, one from the original Italian brothers in New Jersy,
and one from the last company that manufacturered them. Be careful, though.
The company that bought them out of bankrupcy has moved the production
offshore, and I have heard really bad things about them. Probably should see
in person.

Don't forget, there may be the used option.

You can't go wrong with a combination of Tiltall, for when weight/size is a
factor, and Gitzo when it isn't. I routinely use the Tiltall with the
Hasselbals to good result.

Bill Pearce