Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:35:11 -0500
Cc: mgflink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:50 AM 1/25/02 -0500, Skip Williams wrote:

The S1 90/2.5 Macro was made by Kiron.  I had one for about 20 years.

Don't think that this lens can't compete with the 90/2. It's pretty darn close for 30% the cost. There are a few pictures with this lens on my website. It's a stellar performer.

Kiron branded their own Macro in a 105/2.8 that goes to 1:1 without adapters and it usually can be had on eBay for less that the other 3rd party lenses. I've had mine for six months and, so far, I'm very pleased with it. To my eyes the bokeh is very smooth.

<http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jjohnso4/OM_images/002.htm>

Here's one on eBay that's closing in a couple of days:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1325684335>

Later,
Johnny