[OM] Olympus Pencorder, Zuiko Pearlrecorder etc

Subject: [OM] Olympus Pencorder, Zuiko Pearlrecorder etc
From: Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:51:57 +0100
Hello all.

In the past years of Olympus collecting I have also acquired some tape
and cassette recording devices of 'our' brand. This is another line of
equipment they are reputed to be good at, and which I have interest
in.

I wonder if in this group there are more collectors of Olympus audio
equipment. It is very difficult to find production data and other
documentation, and I don't even know precisely what kinds of machines
have been made since 1960 (?) when Olympus started this.

My oldest machines are a mint condition and working Pencorder
(acquired with great help of George S.) and a less handsome and non
functional Pencorder F, both probably from the sixties.
I also own an early Pearlcorder for microcassettes, which has the name
Zuiko printed on its housing: I guess this one is from the early
seventies.
And many Pearlcorders, answering machines, transcribers and even
mp3-recorders have been marketed since...

Please advise if you think you can help or point towards other
collectors.

Kind regards,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht, Netherlands.