[OM] (OM) OT Html etc coding - sniping or whatever

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Html etc coding - sniping or whatever
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:26:39 +1300
Harrumph.

Easy for you to say Olafo <g>

It's just taken me 2 hours to get my first 14-part image map to work  !!

I've never even tried PERL.<g>

Brian

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:09:07 +0100
> From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [OM] e*ay bidding
>
> Hi,
>
> > Not sure of XP, but in WIN2K, you can configure the built-in time service.
> > Not
> > difficult at all, and if you're on a LAN having a Win2K server, it's done
> > automatically for all the Win2K Pro systems that are members of the domain
> > at
> > the time they get configured and join the domain.
>
> It is very easy to write a rough sniping program, all one really needs, is
> to work out what the URL would look like for placing the bid on the desired
> item
> at the desired price (these values have to be passed as URL parameters). The
> only thing left to do, is to schedule a small batch file that uses Perl LWMP
> (or
> a custom written socket connector) to call the URL at the desired time. Doing
> "semi manual snipes" this way, is very easy.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves          Voiceless it cries,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.         Wingless flutters,
All mimsy were the borogroves,           Toothless bites,
And the mome raths outgrabe.             Mouthless mutters.

>From "Through the Looking-Glass"     Gollum's riddle to Bilbo<
.                                        (A) = The wind.