Re: [OM] Tamron 17mm? NOW 18mm hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 17mm? NOW 18mm hood
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:43:33 -0500
>Also
>came with the Original Oly slip on cap which is useless (like the
>original case, which I didn't get in this deal) except for resale. With
>the protruding front element, there is no way I would run around with it
>on a camera without the 'hood'. Even with the 'hood' on, it's quite
>small and light.

I use a wide rubber band to hold the cap on my 18mm.  I double it over in a
cross pattern when the lens is off the body.  It fits around the body and
lens once when the lens is mounted.  It works for me, but I always keep a
close eye on the cap.  Keeping the 49->72 step-up ring on all the time is
too bulky for me.

--p.j.